Because Booking Through Thursday often doesn’t post until too late in the day for me (thanks to time differences), I have decided that on Thursdays I’ll either answer a Booking Through Thursday question or a Top Ten Tuesday question (the latter are run on The Broke and The Bookish blog), although I might let myself stop at 5 rather than going all the way to a list of 10! This week’s:
October 21: Top New Series I Want To Start (New..let’s say within the last year or two)
Well. What new series do I want to start?
I can definitely think of some series that I have started in the past and would love to complete or re-read. Anne of Green Gables, the Sue Grafton’s Kinsey Millhone “A is for Alibi” series, Elizabeth Peters’ Amelia Peabody series… in fact:
1. Elizabeth Peters’ Amelia Peabody series. I’ve only read the first one (Crocodile on the Sandbank) so that definitely nearly counts as a new series.
2. Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. I’ve heard so much good stuff about them, how can I resist?
3. Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall series (is it a stretch, at two published and one more intended, to call it a series?). I’ve had The Musician’s copy of Wolf Hall for at least 2 if not 3 years now. No excuse that I haven’t read it.
4. Kerry Greenwood’s Phryne Fisher series. I love the TV series, when I get a minute to watch it; I suspect I’d get through the books faster.
and finally, though perhaps not quite within the next 2 years,
5. The Little Golden Books series – I had some of these as a child and have no doubt I’ll be reading a lot with baby RWT eventually!