The Rory Gilmore Book List Challenge

Quite what inspired me to this madness, I have conveniently forgotten.

I know that a number of the readers of this blog are Gilmore Girls fans; for the rest of you, it’s a TV show about a mother and daughter, and the daughter (Rory) reads a lot.

Warner Bros. Television / Via bookreviews.me.uk

Warner Bros. Television / Via bookreviews.me.uk

Someone compiled a list of the 339 books which Rory is seen reading, carrying or is heard to mention over the course of the 7 seasons. The full list is here, and you can see how many you’ve read on this nifty page. I scored 32, although I didn’t tick four more that I think I’ve read but can’t be sure of. Mini-Me scored 26 plus 2.

Mini-me and I have decided we’re going to do the challenge.

Slowly.

Wish us luck!

11 thoughts on “The Rory Gilmore Book List Challenge

1. The Musician 9 May 2014 at 5:17 pm Reply

I’ll do it too – I have done 78……….but I don’t do biographies…..

2. Naomi 9 May 2014 at 5:53 pm Reply

Wow. That’s a long list! I don’t remember them mentioning quite so many books on that show. But there are some great books on there, so it should be fun. Good luck! 🙂

3. Andrea 9 May 2014 at 9:37 pm Reply

Nope, I do.246. Of course, at 56, I’m old, disabled, and have no life 😉

4. cyclingwithheels 10 May 2014 at 8:56 am Reply

60. It would have been more, if I could include Shakespeare plays I’ve seen. But I figured that was cheating as I haven’t actually read them all.

5. […] Once I’m through my currently scheduled Alcott binge, I’ll be moving onto The Moon Sisters as something that turned up as a review copy and looks pretty interesting. Oh, and the Rory Gilmore reading challenge. […]

6. Iris 15 May 2014 at 2:08 pm Reply

I’ve seen several different lists about this, and I wonder if all of the books on there were published while Gilmore Girls ran? Then again, I’m no good with keeping track of publishing years..

Anyway, this does seem like a fun challenge! A lot of variety in there, which should keep the reading interesting.. (I’m still in the process of counting which ones I’ve read..)

• Iris 15 May 2014 at 2:17 pm Reply

Hmm.. 43! Did come across quite a few who have been lingering on my shelves for forever though.

7. theliterarylollipop 15 May 2014 at 3:04 pm Reply

Commendable! I used to watch that show all the time! Rory covered a lot of serious literary terrain.

8. ohsacrebleu 24 May 2014 at 8:36 am Reply

34 – even got a little star on the list challenges, woo! 🙂 That Shakespeare class I took at second year uni really bumped up my score haha

9. Caro (@TheBookRogue) 26 January 2015 at 5:05 pm Reply

That’s one awesome challenge! Seriously, reading the books a character has been reading is a great idea! I wish you lots of fun exploring that list! =)