Louisa May Alcott month

LMA2b

It’s May. Louisa May Alcott has a “May” in her name. Do you need any more reasons to read anything she wrote?

I was given a beautifully bound copy of Little Women for Christmas and thought it was a good time to read the full Little Women series – Little Women, Good Wives, Jo’s Boys, Little Men. I’ve read two of them before, but it’s been a fair while.

If you’re interested, comment below. I’ll do a round-up of posts towards the end of the month and will try to link up on my reviews during the month.

Onwards!

Tagged:

12 thoughts on “Louisa May Alcott month

1. mannomoi 6 May 2014 at 5:47 pm Reply

I’ve had Little Women on my shelf for a few months and on my TBR for a couple of years, and this might just be the right push I need to finally pick it up. You see, I have many finals this months, but I’ll try my best. Happy May and happy reading.

• readingwithtea 7 May 2014 at 8:21 am Reply

It’s wonderful, so I’d definitely recommend it for a break from your revision – good luck with your finals!

2. Andrea 6 May 2014 at 6:32 pm Reply

I’d always thought it was a trilogy. Good Wives?al

• readingwithtea 7 May 2014 at 8:20 am Reply

Yep, Good Wives is an immediate sequel to Little Women and they were published together in one volume, but it is not part of what I think of as “Little Women” – I’m 2/3 of the way into that and The Big Terrible Thing has not happened yet, so there’s definitely not another novel tacked on the end! It is less well known than the others.

3. Fleur in her World 6 May 2014 at 10:42 pm Reply

A lovely idea. I have Rose in Bloom sitting on a shelf unread, or I’m tempted to order in a volume of her ‘sensation fiction’ that my library has in reserve stock.

• readingwithtea 7 May 2014 at 8:17 am Reply

What in the world is “sensation fiction”????

• Fleur in her World 7 May 2014 at 8:51 am

Melodramas, written for magazines before her greater successes – short stories after the style of Wilkie Collins, Mary Elizabeth Braddon and their like.

• readingwithtea 7 May 2014 at 10:25 pm

That sounds wonderful!!

4. susanwbailey 7 May 2014 at 9:47 pm Reply

I love Louisa May Alcott and blog about her regularly. I just started reading Jo’s Boys for the first time and I like it better than Little Men. Little Women was a beautiful book. I love studying the family, fascinating group of people!

I blog about Louisa regularly at http://www.louisaymayalcottismypassion.com. If you’re going to blog about Louisa during the month of May, let me know (I’ll subscribe to your post) and I’ll reblog your posts on my site if you’d like (and let my FB page community know too.)

5. […] This week in reading has been slim – I’ve powered through Little Women part 1 and am now into Little Women part 2 (sometimes known as Good Wives) as part of Louisa May Alcott Month. […]

6. […] in May, I tried to make it Louisa May Alcott month. And then work hit. As […]

7. Advent with… Alcott! | Reading With Tea 24 November 2014 at 5:02 pm Reply

[…] years done Advent with Austen (big success) and Advent with Atwood (meh), and totally failed to get Louisa May Alcott month off the ground in May, a group of us (Iris, Ana, Alex, Lyndsey and I) are doing Advent with […]