• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I am an inveterate commute reader. My handbag invariably contains the book I’m reading, the next book I want to read, a Kindle with 200+ books on it, and sometimes the last book I read which is waiting for review. With the result that my handbag is very heavy all the time.
I tend to get on the train before 6.30am (the ticket is cheaper that way, and I get into the office two hours before anyone else, which means I get two hours to work in peace and quiet!), which means I almost always have a seat. Scratch that, I always get a seat. Who else is stupid enough to be on the train at 6.30am? So sometimes I work, if I have a seat, clear some emails. But if I miss the early trains, the commute feels much, much shorter if I’m buried in a good book!