This week’s Musing Mondays asks
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!*NEW!*
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I keep hearing about Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can’t stop talkingby Susan Cain. I’m desperate to read it, particularly as everyone who has read it has raved about it. It’s about being an introvert in a world which rewards extroversion – something that many introverts find difficult. Either my own introversion is becoming more extreme or I am being thrust more into situations I find difficult – as a child I could always vanish from a crowded room with a book. Not so when work is 5 people in a small room dealing with and discussing issues.
I haven’t bought it for myself because I’ve managed not to buy a single book in 2013 so far, which is helping the book overcrowding “problem” (I see it more of a “feature”) in the office, so I don’t want to break that streak. But if someone wants to buy it for me…!