Secret Weapon

A quiet Saturday morning here at Chateau Reading With Tea, although thanks to a magnificent book and tea parcel which arrived last night, I have some Secret Weapon to drink. Click on the picture to zoom in and be able to read the ingredient list – the tea is pretty yummy.

(for those who are interested in the tea, here’s the link)

7 thoughts on “Secret Weapon

1. Chinoiseries 18 August 2012 at 12:51 pm Reply

What an interesting combination of ingredients! I can’t imagine what it tastes like… is it strong? Whit tea itself is supposed to have a mild flavour, I think, but with licorice and cocoa nibs, I really can’t guess. My current favourite tea is Vietnamese green lotus, a very nice green tea steeped at 70 C degrees. But honestly, with this heat, all I want is ice tea -___-;

• readingwithtea 18 August 2012 at 1:08 pm Reply

The cocoa flavour was quite strong… I felt like the tea was missing something else herbal, like mint or lemon – it was a bit dark and dusty for me. But really interesting and I am intrigued for the rest of the teas that came in the package!

2. JoV 19 August 2012 at 8:47 pm Reply

it is really interesting combination. I’m pretty well versed with all the other ingredients, but blue cornflowers?? how does that taste like? You are a very brave girl Yvann, tell me how you feel after the tea and I’ll buy one online! πŸ˜‰

• readingwithtea 19 August 2012 at 8:54 pm Reply

Hmmm… it wasn’t amazing. Now, the “luscious watermelon” tea I had yesterday afternoon… that was pretty good.

• Chinoiseries 19 August 2012 at 9:09 pm

Luscious watermelon? You really need to blog about every single tea in that package πŸ™‚ Yum! Do you think it would work as an iced tea?

• readingwithtea 19 August 2012 at 9:14 pm

I tried it as an iced tea and it didn’t really work. The best bit about fruit teas is the smell, and you lose that with iced tea, sadly.

• Chinoiseries 19 August 2012 at 9:20 pm

Ah, yes, I didn’t consider that. I always hope for the best, but you’re right in that fruit teas don’t transfer their flavour well to iced tea.