Tuesday triflings

Work has been crazytimes and I’ve started cycling again and I got home about 9pm and all I could do was slump in front of Sherlock (which is, you know, brilliant).

So I’m turning my responsibility for today’s post over to you guys.

If I have to read one book this year, which is it?

Go.

7 thoughts on “Tuesday triflings

1. Gina 18 January 2012 at 5:11 am Reply

I love Sherlock too! I haven’t seen any of the second series yet on my PBS station. I watched a repeat of the first episode on Sunday night (after Downton Abbey, another favorite!) As far as the one book to read this year, I am having trouble settling into anything recently… I think I have been reading too many mysteries that are turning my brain to mush –

2. Alex 18 January 2012 at 10:34 am Reply

Well, you don’t go easy on us, do you? That’s almost a desert-island question. I think I’ll take the “this year” as my focus and recommend The Hunger Games, so that you read them before the movie comes out. If you’re not the only person in the world who hasn’t read them, then The Hobbit, Neuromancer or The Life of Pi, for the same reasons.

3. Maxine 18 January 2012 at 2:35 pm Reply

So far this year, my favourite is The Nobodies Album by Carolyn Parkhurst. I highly recommend it (I’ve reviewed it at Petrona). I haven’t watched Sherlock, I think I would prefer to stick with the books 😉

4. Jo 18 January 2012 at 8:55 pm Reply

So far this year and not out until March so I think this counts is Rachel Joyce – The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. An excellent début novel.

5. The German 18 January 2012 at 10:46 pm Reply

If you haven’t read it already, The Book Thief is a must. But prepare to weep.

6. Nose in a book 26 January 2012 at 11:12 pm Reply

Well there’s a big question! I highly recommend Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. Another weepy one, sorry.