My Day in Books

Because no one is going to read my blog between Christmas and New Year, and therefore I might as well fill it with memeyness.

Previously seen at Cornflower, Lizzy Siddal, The Captive Reader, Stuck in a Book, Flowers and Stripes, A Work in Progress, Fleur Fisher, Gaskella

I began the day with A Red Herring Without Mustard.

On my way to work I saw a Storm Front

and walked by The Sandalwood Tree

to avoid The Broken Teaglass

but I made sure to stop at The House on Mango Street.

In the office, my boss said, “Sleeping Naked is Green

and sent me to research The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake.

At lunch with The White Queen

I noticed The Red Queen

under The Shadow of What We Were

then went back to my desk to Deliver Us From Evil.

Later, on the journey home, I bought Flowers for Mrs Harris

because I have Toxic Shock,

then settling down for the evening, I picked up A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian

and studied Divine Justice

before saying goodnight to The Weird Sisters.

Fun!

6 thoughts on “My Day in Books

1. FleurFisher 26 December 2011 at 5:48 pm Reply

I’m here reading – escaping the family hubub for just a little while – and that’s very nicely done.

2. Claire (The Captive Reader) 26 December 2011 at 5:59 pm Reply

An excellent day!

3. Debbie Rodgers 26 December 2011 at 6:39 pm Reply

Some of the best fits I’ve seen for this meme – great work!

4. readingwithtea 26 December 2011 at 8:38 pm Reply

Thanks all – glad to know I’m not broadcasting into silence while I escape my own family chaos!

5. Sandra 26 December 2011 at 11:56 pm Reply

I’ve seen these, they look like hard work, well done. I enjoyed The Broken Teaglass. I’m off to read your reviews of Lemon Cake, Red Queen, and Tractors.

• readingwithtea 27 December 2011 at 12:07 am Reply

Glad you like them! They’re not that much hard work if you have a list of books read in 2011…