Today/in the last few days, I have:
– restarted the couch to 5k running program (which Verity and I started, and then I ran out of enthusiasm and now she is in week 4 and I am loitering back in week 1 again…) and enjoyed it a whole lot more when I ran somewhere – to the post office depot – rather than in circles around a teensy park.
– got used to wearing glasses. They’ve stopped weirding me out so much.
– received this excellent pile of books in the post (click to enlarge):
– been made happy by this version of Bruno Mars’ Grenade sung by all-girl a cappella group Delilah:
– survived a French university speaking test. Just the written test to go on Tuesday.
– made the most amazing stew.
– finished my first audiobook, The Tenderness of Wolves. Not bad.
– read The Borrower, for Book Talk. Started strongly, then tapered off.
– read and discarded after 100 pages my one and only James Patterson novel, The Quickie. Simile-tastic. I think not.