Musing Mondays – Exciting and Non-Fiction

Catch up post – 2 weeks in one! Aren’t you lucky.What are you most excited about reading, right now? (can be a book you’re currently enjoying, or a book that’s yet to be published, etc.)

Probably, after last month’s escapades, anything by Philippa Gregory or Elizabeth Peters.

Also I have The Secrets Between Us by Louise Douglas just sitting here on my desk, from the Transworld Book Group, and it has been there for weeks, and I really want to get stuck into it!

But right now, I just want to finish The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney, which I have been listening to for about 5 months now (I only listen to audiobooks when driving long distances alone, or when cycling a well-known route, and that’s not very often)!

What categories of non-fiction do you read?

Very, very few. So far it’s been memoirs and a little bit of cultural studies, with a hefty dollop of memoir. I’ve been known to read pop science in the past, as well as The Smartest Guys in the Room, which is an analysis of the Enron disaster.

But fiction is my one great love.

8 thoughts on “Musing Mondays – Exciting and Non-Fiction

1. Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea 10 October 2011 at 5:10 pm Reply

I agree with the non-fiction thing. 🙂
    Here’s mine:
    x

2. Demijel (@demibeans) 10 October 2011 at 6:11 pm Reply

Sounds interesting. I rarely read non-fiction as well. I hope you have a wonderful week filled with reading 🙂 Thank you for sharing!

Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

3. Janet Rutherford 10 October 2011 at 10:27 pm Reply

I don’t read much non fiction either, but really enjoyed The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance by Edmund de Waal. I found it a bit slow to start and then was totally engrossed. An interesting angle to search a family history.
    Janet

• readingwithtea 11 October 2011 at 8:45 pm Reply

I’ve seen a lot of recommendations for this one – it’s on the TBR.

4. caite@a lovely shore breeze 11 October 2011 at 12:50 am Reply

I am not a big non-fiction fan either. In the past most of my non-fiction were reference books of various subject… with the internet now, they tend to be out of date dust catchers.

• readingwithtea 11 October 2011 at 8:47 pm Reply

Oh yes, I don’t count the Physics textbooks I had to read in a prior life… nor the languages textbooks I have to read now! That’s not voluntary, so it doesn’t count.

5. Angela 11 October 2011 at 5:16 am Reply

Not a non-friction reader either, but looking forward to reading Edwidge Danticat’s ‘Creating Dangerously’.