Sunday Salon – success!

Lovely people, I have fantabulous news to share, which will not be news at all if you saw me on Twitter on Friday.

Remember those ghastly accountancy exams I was taking back in July? The ones that meant I read 4 books in July, compared to 11 in June and August? The ones for which I was studying while my husband was in Bulgaria and I was thus doubly miserable on our first wedding anniversary?

I passed them! with marks of 70, 59 and 63, which for a 50 pass-mark I think is a solid effort.

Those are the last exams I had to take for my chartered accountant qualification, so now there’s just a few bits of paperwork between me and the letters ACA after my surname.

Break out the big calculator.

Or, you know, the dark chocolate covered marzipan.

Help yourselves, I left some for you especially…

(edit on Sunday: you can’t help yourselves, I ate them all. But the Musician brought some Lindor chocolate balls so I’ll share those instead, ok?)

9 thoughts on “Sunday Salon – success!

1. Sarah 4 September 2011 at 5:52 pm Reply

Congratulations! Enjoy your chocolate, you deserve it 🙂

2. Iris 4 September 2011 at 6:16 pm Reply

Congratulations! And marzipan deserves to be eaten all at once 🙂

• readingwithtea 4 September 2011 at 9:28 pm Reply

Oh it does. Particularly Luebecker marzipan.

3. Leeswammes 4 September 2011 at 6:30 pm Reply

Congratulations, that is a great effort. And I don’t mean the chocolates!

• readingwithtea 4 September 2011 at 9:28 pm Reply

And there was me thinking that my sugar-consumption skills were second to none…

4. Debbie Rodgers 5 September 2011 at 8:25 pm Reply

Great news! Welcome to the wonderful world of official bean counters! 🙂

5. Dorothy W. 7 September 2011 at 3:54 pm Reply

Congratulations! That’s great news, and I’m glad you are celebrating with some good food 🙂

6. Nose in a book 17 September 2011 at 3:51 pm Reply

Slightly belated because I’m behind in my blog reading but yay, congrats!