February 3: I can’t believe I haven’t read (from X genre)…
I’m generalising to “I can’t believe I haven’t read” – i.e. non-genre specific.
1. Anything by Tolstoy, Waugh or Woolf. See my “I really must read the classics” list.
2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Well, I can believe I haven’t read this, because every time I try to read it, I get three pages in and it says “refer to all the things that happened in the Hobbit” so I go to read the Hobbit and I get so BORED.
3. Before I Go To Sleep, Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train – all of which I own.
4. My huge collections of Sue Grafton, Clive Cussler and Elizabeth Peters books.
5. Wolf Hall, which I borrowed from the Musician about 5 years ago.
6. Anything by Ian Rankin. I own about 5-6 of his, but have never opened one.
8. My grandfather’s book Out of the West. We’re coming up to the 5th anniversary of his death, and I still haven’t cracked the spine of this monster of an agricultural study.
9. The Bible from start to finish.
10. In fact, I can just generalise this list to ALL THE BOOKS I OWN because there are so many of them!